10/29/16

SNES Station 0.2.6b Mod! (update)

Another update! With many more improvements!

This mod is based on Megaman SNES Station extension, since the source code of SNES Station, as far as I know, has never been released.
  • Hiryu, he originally wrote the SNES Station PS2 emulator, and everyone behind it.
  • Megaman, for the SNES Station extension (which this mod is based on).
  • The PCSX2 guys for making a great work with the PCSX2 Debugger in the latest dev versions (I simply love it)!
Big thanks even to people that pointed out bugs/issues or gave me suggestions!

SNES Station 0.2.6b Mod
+ Finally I updated all the IRX modules with the latest ones (since I managed to update my PS2SDK).
+ Added a Cheat Mode in MISC folder, during cheat mode, instead of running a game you can enable/disable single cheats, so now cheat names are important.
+ Added an option to show file extensions inside MISC folder, it's enabled by default.
+ Added an option to show cover art in MISC folder! All you have to do is to copy a 128x128 JPG image together with a game and be sure that it has the same name as it.
*Please note*: I used the NanoJPEG decoder and it has some limitations! Progressive and lossless JPGs won't work!
+ To avoid confusion between files I restored the file filter as it had to be.
+ While adding the cover art support I had to fix even HUGE memory bugs in the emulator itself! Memory chunks got corrupted and they were never freed. That is to say, if you ran a game a lot of times SNES Station could crash. Now it should work fine, I hope!
+ This mod now has dependency only on the fileXio library, so the ELF size is reduced.
- Removed the experimental support for video modes, as of now I can't get it right.

That's all!
As always, please contact me below for any issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment